Authentic Italian sausage soup.
Serves 6 to 8.
- 1 lb Italian sausages
- 4-6 russet potatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup cooked and crumbled bacon pieces (optional)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic (about 3-4 cloves)
- 32 oz. chicken broth
- 1 cup kale or Swiss chard chopped
- 1 cup The Farmer’s Cow heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Brown sausage links in a sauté pan.
- Cut links in half lengthwise, then cut slices.
- Place sausage, chicken broth, garlic, potatoes and onion in slow cooker.
- Add just enough water to cover the vegetables and meat.
- Cook on high 3-4 hours (low 5-6 hours) until potatoes are soft.
30 minutes before serving:
- Mix flour into cream removing lumps.
- Add cream and kale to the crock pot, stir.
- Cook on high 30 minutes or until broth thickens slightly
- Add salt, pepper, and cayenne to taste. BEST. SOUP. EVER!!!!