Open Daily August 28 – November 1
Fort Hill Farms, Thompson, CT
Join The Farmer’s Cow and the Orr Family of Fort Hill Farms for this year’s corn maze challenge featuring the 7-acre “The Tree of Life” maze! The 2017 theme is ADVOCATING FOR SUSTAINABILITY: Be energy-wise… Be water-wise… Discover the importance of saving our earth! As you make your way through The Tree of Life maze, be inspired to start your own sustainability campaign… every little bit helps.
For a shorter challenge try the “Your Roots Run Deep” Mini Maze. Our mini maze takes a 1/2 hour to navigate and is perfect for hot days or kids’ birthday parties.
The Farmer’s Cow is proud to join our food industry partners in this great annual event to benefit Connecticut Food Bank and Foodshare.
#NaturallyNewEngland Chowder & Soup Competition!
The Farmer’s Cow is proud to sponsor this great REAL Local event to benefit several local charities and Food Rescue US.
- Enjoy an unlimited sampling from 40 award-winning chefs and restaurants come from all over New England to compete for the title of best chowder, soup, and bisque in New England!
- You’re the judge in this unique “fun”raiser in the ongoing fight against hunger!
- You’ll get a spoon, ballot & pencil – enjoy unlimited sampling and then rate everything you try on a scale of 7.0 to 10.5. The restaurants with the best average rating win their respective category.
- Five categories to judge — Classic New England Clam Chowder, Traditional Chowders (Manhattan/Rhode Island’s), Creative Chowder, Soup/Bisque, and new this year, Vegetarian!
- More than just soup:
– Enjoy our Italian-themed section called “Ciao”dafest and sample artisan breads dipped in premium sauces, mixed salad and more!
– Sample salsas and chips in our ChowdaMex section
– Indulge in farm fresh ice cream, yogurt & cheese in our Sweet Treats section
– Quench your thirst in our Beverage Bog
– Our “Little Necks” area is a great activity center for kids where they get to decorate free chef hats & more.
– Chowdafest is pet-friendly too, we even have a Canine Cafe!
- Conveniently located at Sherwood Island State Park in Westport CT off Exit 18 off I-95