Look for the COW!
The historic Mansion will transform its 700 foot vista into a marketplace and festival where a variety of vendors will gather to sell their Connecticut grown or made products. One can stroll from tent to tent purchasing fresh produce, fruit, cheese, breads and prepared foods. Local artisans, such as potters, painters, and jewelers have been invited to sell their work. Visitors will be encouraged to lounge on the lawn with lunch and listen to live music performed on the patio. Families can bring their children and spend the day. It will be a day to discover the Wadsworth Mansion, enjoy music and art, and experience the tradition of shopping at an open-air market.
Enjoy the new flavor of The Last Green Valley’s Annual Fundraiser – a seated 5-course gourmet dinner. Locally grown products will be cooked up into unique tastes by top chefs, all from our National Heritage Corridor. Dine with our guest agri-superstars & TLGV notables, as they move from table to table with each course. The auction items, raffle baskets & pledge forms will be present, too, but look for a whole new course of fun & fundraising opportunities. This event will be like nothing you’ve experienced before, so join us to support TLGV’s diverse programming.
Open Daily August 28 – November 1
Fort Hill Farms, Thompson, CT
Join The Farmer’s Cow and the Orr Family of Fort Hill Farms for this year’s corn maze challenge featuring the 7-acre “The Tree of Life” maze! The 2017 theme is ADVOCATING FOR SUSTAINABILITY: Be energy-wise… Be water-wise… Discover the importance of saving our earth! As you make your way through The Tree of Life maze, be inspired to start your own sustainability campaign… every little bit helps.
For a shorter challenge try the “Your Roots Run Deep” Mini Maze. Our mini maze takes a 1/2 hour to navigate and is perfect for hot days or kids’ birthday parties.
No pets, please.
- Last ticket sold 1-1/2 hours before closing.
- Flashlight Nights ’til 10pm.
Last entry 1-1/2 hours before closing. Please call ahead: 860-923-3439.
- Admission: $12/Adults, $10/Under 12
- Your Roots Run Deep Mini Maze: $7
- For groups of 20+, please call ahead: 860-923-3439
The Farmer’s Cow is proud to join our food industry partners in this great annual event to benefit Connecticut Food Bank and Foodshare.
Look for the COW inside the CT Building!
Look for the COW on the front lawn of the CT Building!
#NaturallyNewEngland Chowder & Soup Competition!
The Farmer’s Cow is proud to sponsor this great REAL Local event to benefit several local charities and Food Rescue US.
- Enjoy an unlimited sampling from 40 award-winning chefs and restaurants come from all over New England to compete for the title of best chowder, soup, and bisque in New England!
- You’re the judge in this unique “fun”raiser in the ongoing fight against hunger!
- You’ll get a spoon, ballot & pencil – enjoy unlimited sampling and then rate everything you try on a scale of 7.0 to 10.5. The restaurants with the best average rating win their respective category.
- Five categories to judge — Classic New England Clam Chowder, Traditional Chowders (Manhattan/Rhode Island’s), Creative Chowder, Soup/Bisque, and new this year, Vegetarian!
- More than just soup:
– Enjoy our Italian-themed section called “Ciao”dafest and sample artisan breads dipped in premium sauces, mixed salad and more!
– Sample salsas and chips in our ChowdaMex section
– Indulge in farm fresh ice cream, yogurt & cheese in our Sweet Treats section
– Quench your thirst in our Beverage Bog
– Our “Little Necks” area is a great activity center for kids where they get to decorate free chef hats & more.
– Chowdafest is pet-friendly too, we even have a Canine Cafe!
- Conveniently located at Sherwood Island State Park in Westport CT off Exit 18 off I-95