The Farmer’s Cow is proud to join our food industry partners in this great annual event to benefit Connecticut Food Bank and Foodshare.
Look for the COW inside the CT Building!
Look for the COW on the front lawn of the CT Building!
#NaturallyNewEngland Chowder & Soup Competition!
The Farmer’s Cow is proud to sponsor this great REAL Local event to benefit several local charities and Food Rescue US.
- Enjoy an unlimited sampling from 40 award-winning chefs and restaurants come from all over New England to compete for the title of best chowder, soup, and bisque in New England!
- You’re the judge in this unique “fun”raiser in the ongoing fight against hunger!
- You’ll get a spoon, ballot & pencil – enjoy unlimited sampling and then rate everything you try on a scale of 7.0 to 10.5. The restaurants with the best average rating win their respective category.
- Five categories to judge — Classic New England Clam Chowder, Traditional Chowders (Manhattan/Rhode Island’s), Creative Chowder, Soup/Bisque, and new this year, Vegetarian!
- More than just soup:
– Enjoy our Italian-themed section called “Ciao”dafest and sample artisan breads dipped in premium sauces, mixed salad and more!
– Sample salsas and chips in our ChowdaMex section
– Indulge in farm fresh ice cream, yogurt & cheese in our Sweet Treats section
– Quench your thirst in our Beverage Bog
– Our “Little Necks” area is a great activity center for kids where they get to decorate free chef hats & more.
– Chowdafest is pet-friendly too, we even have a Canine Cafe!
- Conveniently located at Sherwood Island State Park in Westport CT off Exit 18 off I-95
**** CANCELLED Due to Tropical Storm Nate ****
Celebrate Columbus Day exploring the scenic fields of Graywall Farms. Guided walk begins at 2pm. See the cows, tour the barns, watch the cows being milked and take a leisurely stroll across the rolling fields while learning about life on a dairy farm and the benefits of Connecticut’s Farmland Preservation Program. One-hour tour and walk. No pets and no strollers, please.
Look for the COW!
Take a stroll through dozens of different restaurants, shops and arts and cultural institutions in downtown New London, tasting bite-size samples of dishes or drinks that range from seafood to sweets, organic to ethnic and everything in between.