This recipe is one that a family friend, Ellie Wells, makes every holiday season for her family.
Number Served: 8 Servings
Prep. Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 1/4 cup butter (or margarine
- 4 large onions (peeled and sliced)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 6 potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1/2 Tbsp. pepper
- 1 1/2 quart The Farmer’s Cow Milk
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 pounds raw, shelled and deveined shrimp
- 3 Tbsp. snipped parsley
Melt butter in large saucepan (Dutch oven). Saute onions until tender. Add water, potatoes, salt and pepper. Simmer, covered, 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Do not drain. Heat milk with grated cheese until milk is hot and cheese is melted. DO NOT BOIL. Add shrimp to potatoes, cook until they turn pink (about 3 minutes.) Add milk and cheese. Heat,but do not boil – add snipped parsley.