- 3 cups chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 1 cup Farmer’s Cow heavy cream
- 2 ears native sweet corn
- 1 cup small-diced zucchini
- 1/2 cup small-diced waxy potato (Yukon Gold)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup fine chopped maple-smoked bacon (or bacon substitute*)
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon farmstead butter (or olive oil*) salt and white pepper
- Shuck the corn, save the cob.
- Heat a thick-bottomed sauce pot to medium-high heat.
- Add the butter (or oil), corn kernels, zucchini, potato, onion, celery and bacon (or substitute).
- Cook until the vegetables are translucent.
- Add the chicken (or vegetable) broth, thyme and corn cob and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Add the cream and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for another 30 minutes.
- Remove and discard the cobs and thyme sprig.
- Season to taste and serve.