- 2 – 2 1/2 pounds baking potatoes
- 2/3 cup flour
- 6 cups The Farmer’s Cow skim milk
- 3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, plus more for topping (I use Cabot Seriously Sharp)
- 1 cup no-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions, plus more for topping
- Salt and pepper
- Crumbled bacon
Cook the potatoes by piercing them several times with a fork and then microwaving them on HIGH for about 13-15 minutes or until tender. Let cool until easy to handle, then remove flesh from the skins, coarsely mash the flesh and set aside (discard skins).
Meanwhile, in a soup pot whisk together the milk and flour until smooth. Cook until slightly thickened and nice and hot but not boiling (roughly 10 minutes). Add in the mashed potatoes, cheese and salt and pepper to taste (you’ll need a bit), stirring until the cheese is melted. Turn heat to low and stir in the yogurt and green onion (blend well). Heat through and serve, topped with additional green onion, a sprinkle of cheese and crumbled bacon.