Recipe by James Arena, Executive Chef Polytechnic ON20, Hartord, CT
- 2 grams ice cream stabilizer (optional)
- 250 grams granulated sugar
- 65 grams milk powder
- 250 grams Farmers Cow heavy cream
- 875 grams Farmers Cow whole milk pinch of sea salt
- Mix well all dry ingredients.
- Pour all the liquid ingredients into a heavy gauge stainless steel lined sauce pot.
- Heat gently over medium fire to 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Whisk in at a steady pace all the dry ingredients.
- Now having realized a base, bring this solution to a low boil over medium heat.
- Once you have reached a boil, take off heat, strain through a fine mesh strainer or chinois.
- Chill immediately and let rest in the refrigerator overnight.
- Process in a ice cream machine according to your manufactures guidelines.