Christmas morning at Hytone Farm in Coventry just wouldn’t be complete without the Peracchio’s schnecken with fresh fruit. Try these rich, little cinnamon crescent rolls as you open your own presents. They just melt in your mouth and are very yummy!
Makes 4 dozen.
Ingredients and Directions
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup cold butter
Cut butter into flour with a pastry blender until the butter pieces are the size of small peas.
- 1 cup The Farmers Cow heavy cream
- 1/4 cup The Farmers Cow milk
- 3 The Farmers Cow egg yolks
Beat together until combined and add to flour/butter mixture.
- 1 package Dry Yeast
Sprinkle yeast over dough and blend with a fork until dry and wet ingredients disappear. Dough should be lumpy–do not over mix ingredients. Divide dough into six equal parts and wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate overnight.
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
Blend together in small bowl
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- On a floured surface, roll out each package into a 10-12 inch circle; generously sprinkle with cinnamon/ sugar mixture. Cut circle into 8 equal pie shaped wedges. Roll up each piece from wide end to middle of circle, like a crescent roll. Place on greased cookie sheet, point end down so it does not unwrap during cooking. Bake 25-30 minutes until golden brown. Can be made ahead of time and reheated.