Traditional home-style rice pudding with golden raisins and The Farmer’s Cow Whole Milk and Eggs — perfect for Sunday dinner or any day of the week! Thanks to Chef Donna Fisher for sharing this delicious recipe.
Makes 6 servings
- 1/2 cup rice
- 1 cup water with a pinch of salt
- 1 quart of The Farmer’s Cow Whole Milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 The Farmer’s Cow Eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- a sprinkle of cinnamon
- Pour rice into boiling water, cover pot and cook 7 minutes.
- Add milk and butter. Stir and bring to boil. Stir throughly. Cover and cook over low heat for 1 hour (no stirring necessary).
- Meanwhile, beat eggs. Add sugar, raisins, and vanilla.
- Pour this mixture slowly into cooked rice, stirring until it begins to thicken, usually about 1 – 2 minutes.
- Serve, warm, or cold with cinnamon sprinkled on top.