– From Scott Miller, Executive Chef
Max’s Oyster Bar, West Hartford, CT
Yield 8 Quarts
- 8 lbs Connecticut Quahog Clams
- 1 lb Onion / Spanish, Diced
- .5 lb Bacon / Diced
- .5 lb Butter
- 1 lbs Flour / All Purpose
- 1/4 Celery, Bunch, Diced
- 1 gallon Water
- 4 Potatoes, Large, Diced
- 2 qts. The Farmers Cow Heavy Cream
Place live fresh quahogs in stock pot with warm water and bring to a boil until all clams have opened.
Remove clams from water, reserve stock.
Place butter and bacon in large pot and begin cooking.
Once cooked, add onions, celery, and potatoes.
Add flour to form a roux, let it cook out and de-glaze with reserved stock and water.
Add reserved quahogs, bring to a boil and let it simmer.
Slowly add The Farmers Cow Heavy Cream, mix well.